Full-time academic year tenure track position at the Instructor level. Primarily responsible for teaching nutrition science and related exercise science courses within the discipline, student advisement, course and program assessment, participation on College committees, involvement in professional development activities, and representing the College in the community.
* Master’s degree in Nutrition, Nutrition Science, Food and Nutrition or closely related field; doctorate preferred.
* Must hold current and appropriate certification(s) to teach in the area of nutrition and exercise science and wellness; Registered Dietitian credential required; American Heart Association Instructor certification preferred.
* Demonstrated successful ability to teach nutrition science, preferably in a community college setting, to non-major undergraduates incorporating the unique health concerns of diverse ethnic populations.
* Experience in effectively using technology for teaching and health assessment; on-line teaching experience preferred.
* Understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive community college mission.
* Strong commitment to fostering cultural diversity and ability to engage diverse bodies of students, personnel, and community members.
* Commitment to continual assessment of the teaching-learning process and its outcomes.
* Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
* Demonstrated commitment to continual professional growth and development.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu under "Career Opportunities." Closing date for applications is 10/14/11.
Events & Programs
Read our Newsletter
Join our Email List
Join the online discussion!
Free website registration
View Member Brochure
Make a difference!
Volunteer - Donate