Elements Behavioral Health, one of the country’s most well-respected treatment providers is currently seeking a Registered Dietitian (RD) at The Sundance Center in Scottsdale, AZ.
The Nutritionist/Dietitian is responsible for the development and implementation of high quality, comprehensive nutritional care for the supported living facility.
- Maintain an active role in the development and implementation of the holistic nutrition program including providing nutrition counseling, psycho educational workshops and presentations, as well as creating nutrition related resource materials for clients.
- Instruct and train staff on the principles of basic nutrition and nutrition in recovery, including the provision of nutrition related materials and counseling tools to be used with clients
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic principles of good health, balanced eating habits, mindful eating and physical activity for improved quality of life
- Provide comprehensive nutrition assessments and care planning for clients
- Plan client’s special diets and supervise and instruct clients during meal preparations
- Eat one meal each week with each house/program and facilitate a discussion group with the clients at the close of the meal
- Perform routine care responsibilities independently without need for training and direction
- Seek clinical supervision and consultation from Clinical Supervisor and Eating Disorder program consultants
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-directed with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultures and gender responsive issues with the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize workload
- Previous experience working with eating disorders
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Food/Nutrition/Dietetics from an accredited college or university
- Registered Dietitian certification with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- At least two years prior experience working with adults in a clinical setting
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Current CPR Certification
- Prior experience doing Nutrition Assessments in a clinical setting
- Prior experience providing individual and group nutrition counseling and education
- Working knowledge of addiction and mental health disorders
- Professional knowledge of eating disorders to include disordered eating (overeating, binging)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to document in a medical record – EMR documentation will be necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer literacy
- Outstanding customer service skills and abilities
- Ability to take direction and make sound decisions
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries at all times
- B.S. degree in nutrition or a related field
- Registered dietitian and a member of the American Dietetic Association with two or four years of clinical experience.