About the American Nutrition Association (formerly NOHA)
The American Nutrition Association began life in 1972 as the Nutrition for Optimal Health Association (NOHA). We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization whose mission is to promote optimal health through nutrition and wellness education. For almost 40 years, we have been at the cutting edge of science-based nutrition, educating both laypeople and professionals about the health benefits of nutrition and wellness.
We have hosted hundreds of expert nutrition presentations in Chicago from such luminaries in the healthcare field as Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling, to name but one of hundreds of experts who have embraced our mission.
In addition to presentations, we have also engaged in numerous other nutrition outreach programs, such as:
- Over 30 years of our exceptional quarterly newsjournal
- Childrens nutrition programs in local schools
- Publications including a healthy cookbook, a rotation diet, an optimal food chart, and recommended reading list
- Classes on basic nutrition, cooking, and preventive healthcare
- Video and audio library of ourlectures
- Speakers Bureau for presentations to schools, community groups and other local organizations